08/09/2011

Masilela owns up to mistake

South African soccer fans were denied the opportunity to watch Bafana Bafana’s 2-1 defeat to Niger – and Tsepo Masilela now confirms he was to blame for one of those goals.

A breakdown in negotiations between the SABC and French company SportFive, who holds exclusive marketing and media rights as an agent of CAF from 2009 to 2016, meant local supporters missed out on watching the defeat in Niamey.

Niger scored two goals before Bafana netted late on through Andile Jali, and Masilela admits that he should have done better in preventing one of the hosts’ goals.

“It’s one of those matches I would like to forget because I made a costly mistake and I feel bad about it,” the left-back tells KickOff.com.

“A cross was played and it came straight to me, but I completely missed the ball because the pitch was bumpy and it resulted in their second goal. But these are things that we must learn from.”

No comments:

Post a Comment