13/09/2011

Rafa Laughs Off Fergie's Barb


Rafa Benitez has laughed off the bizarre and uncalled for insult Alex Ferguson lashed him with last week.
During an interview with an Italian newspaper Ferguson happened to see an image of Rafa and said unbidden:  “He is jobless and he is not my friend.”
But Benitez says he does not care what Fergie thinks of him, and finds it odd that the Scotsman still maintains the feud that erupted when he felt challenged by Rafa's Liverpool team.
"I am not in football looking for friends, I want to win trophies," Benitez told Sky Sports News.
"If a big rival of Liverpool Football Club is just thinking about me months after [leaving] that is quite positive. It means we were doing something well."
According to Benitez, Fergie changed his attitude as soon as Liverpool became a credible threat to United.
"He has experience; he is a great manager so I don't have any problem with this," Benitez said of the Red Devils boss.
"I was going to the [Champions League] final in Paris - Barcelona  v Arsenal- we were together in the bar and it was quite interesting because we were friends, but when [Liverpool] were close to [United] we were not friends.
"It's football and I will say I don't want to be friends.
"If he wants to have a good relationship fine, but I want to win trophies."

No comments:

Post a Comment