18/10/2011

City chase Abidal...


Barcelona star Eric Abidal says he is a wanted man.
The French international has yet to commit his long-term future to the Spanish and European club champions, putting a number of top clubs on red alert.
Abidal has been locked in so-far unsuccessful contract negotiations with Barca, but after the outpouring of emotion regarding his cancer scare last season, it is hard to see Abidal playing anywhere else.
While his future remains up in the air however, other clubs have been emboldened to make their interest in Abidal clear.
"There are clubs that have shown an interest, notably PSG, Milan and Manchester City," Abidal told RMC.
"But there have been no concrete offers and I can't say any more.
"I have a lot of respect for Barca but if we can't reach an agreement, the door is always open."
32-year-old Abidal says he plans to play for another two more seasons at least, and for now it is not clear where that will be.
"I believe I have the legs to go on for two more years," he said.
"I have an international objective. We have qualified for Euro 2012, which is good, but I am also looking at the 2014 World Cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment