23/09/2011

Romelu Lukako prepared to put his body on the line for the club


He may be only 18, but Lukaku proved he was ready to put his body on the line for his boyhood idols by running himself into the ground in Wednesday night's Carling Cup win over Fulham.
Lukaku performed like a one-man wrecking ball for more than 70 minutes of his full debut at Stamford Bridge after Chelsea had been reduced to 10 men.
And he revealed how a pep talk from captain and fellow lifelong Chelsea fan John Terry helped him dig even deeper when cramp began to set in.
"Chelsea has a winning culture so if, I have to suffer to win something, I prefer to suffer."
"He said I had to keep going because the team needed me," revealed Lukaku, whose efforts helped Chelsea secure a penalty shootout which they won 4-3.
"I know I have to suffer if I am to win things. I have to go through pain." 

No comments:

Post a Comment