08/09/2011

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli set to testify in Mafia investigation in Italy


The forward will be grilled on his links to Mario Iorio, a catering entrepreneur charged with money laundering in connection to an investigation into the Lo Russo clan of the city's Camorra.
Balotelli was given a guided tour of the Scampia district of Naples in June last year by Iorio and two other Camorristi after asking to be shown the locations featured in the gangster film Gomorrah.
"There is nothing to worry about. I am calm. I had no idea who the people were showing me around Scampia," Balotelli said when asked about the court visit, scheduled for next Thursday, the day after City play Napoli in the Champions League.
"That day there were loads of people around me. I'm sad the effect this may have on my family. I just wanted to see what the area was like as I had seen it in the film Gomorrah."
According to a report in Il Corriere dello Sport, Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi has also been summoned for questioning about his alleged involvement in a fight back in 2010 in whicha member of the Camorra was believed to have been involved in. Neither is suspected of wrongdoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment