04/09/2011

Gerrard eyes September return


Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has set his sights on returning to action against Tottenham on September 18 after five months on the sidelines with a groin injury.
Gerrard has been out of action since March following surgery on the recurring problem and has only featured in six games since Kenny Dalglish returned as manager.
But the 31-year-old is set to resume full training next week and will take part in a practice match before hopefully getting a taste of Premier League action when the Reds travel to White Hart Lane to face Spurs in two weeks time.
"I feel really good and I'm back kicking balls again - it's all positive," Gerrard told Liverpool's website.
"I should be back in full training with the team on Thursday or Friday of next week.
"I won't be involved against Stoke next Saturday but my plan is to hopefully be involved in the game against Tottenham. It will be Kenny's decision when I come back in."

No comments:

Post a Comment