18/07/2011

Mphela jets off to Scotland

Mamelodi Sundowns striker Katlego Mphela will leave for Scotland on Saturday for trials with Glasgow Celtic after receiving club boss Patrice Motsepe's blessing to go today. 

Mphela met with Motsepe today to discuss his future with Sundowns and the possibility of playing in Europe this season.
As reported by KickOff.com this morning, the Glasgow club invited Mphela for trials, and we have been reliably informed that Sundowns would be willing to accept R17-million for him.


"I am not part of the team that went to Swaziland yesterday," 'Killer' tells KickOff.com. "I was waiting for the call from the president to meet today and discuss my future.


"Our meeting went very well and he gave me his blessing to attend the trials in Europe.


It's not a normal situation at Sundowns for players to be allowed to go for trials, but the club made an exception for me. I will be leaving for Scotland on Saturday and will return next week Friday."

Mphela declares himself ready and prepared to win a contract with the Scottish giants.

"My intention is to go and do very well," he says. "I am confident in my abilities and believe I will do well enough to win a contract with Celtic." 

No comments:

Post a Comment