16/04/2012

Rooney: I must raise my game and score more goals to help Manchester United clinch title


Although Rooney took his tally for the season to 31 goals in all competitions with a double against Villa, Ferguson, the United manager, complained of the England forward being “careless” and “casual” before replacing him with Dimitar Berbatov in the 74th minute.
Rooney was also substituted during the 1-0 defeat at Wigan last Wednesday following another poor display.
With United aiming to win the title by claiming six points from their next two games against Everton and Manchester City, the 26 year-old has admitted he must rediscover his form.
“I’m delighted with my goals against Villa, but at times it was not good enough from myself,” Rooney said. “I was disappointed with that and I have to put it right.
"Obviously, I’m happy with the goals, but the rest of my play wasn’t great.

No comments:

Post a Comment