02/12/2011

Vlad V clashes with the media… again

Kaizer Chiefs coach Vladimir Vermezovic has clashed with the media after a discussion over football tactics got out of hand.  

Vermezovic was speaking at a press conference ahead of the Chiefs versus Mamelodi Sundowns match on Sunday.
 
The media posed a question, asking whether Chiefs’ failure to win a match in the last three League matches could be perhaps that his players are not responding well to his tactics or he doesn’t have a quality team at his disposal to challenge for the League title.
 
His response infuriated the media…
 
Here is how it went down.
 
Bareng-Batho Korjaas (better known as ‘BBK’) of the Sunday Times: Earlier on, did I hear you correctly saying that you can only discuss tactics with people who understand tactics?
 
Vermezovic: Yes!
 
BBK: Am I correct in saying that you think that we (the media) do not understand tactics?
 
Vermezovic: No. I did not say you don’t understand tactics, but I said I discuss (tactics) with people who understand.
 
BBK: But you are discussing with us right now…
 
Vermezovic: It is not a discussion. It is a press conference and I will answer you or not.
 
BBK: It is for clarity’s sake, coach, because I don’t think a driving instructor can say he cannot discuss driving with people who cannot drive, because his job is also to teach those people to drive. So I’m just looking for clarity…
 
Vermezovic: What is your question?
 
BBK: I don’t have a question. I was looking for clarity, thank you.
 
Vermezovic: Okay.
 
In October last year, Vermezovic apologised to the media for claiming he had been misquoted, specifically by the Daily Sun over comments he made that he had better strikers than Kaizer Motaung Junior, which he later denied.

No comments:

Post a Comment