05/08/2011

Benni ready for Santos debut


McCarthy was unveiled as a Buccaneer on Monday morning and, despite having not played a competitive match for some time, Bafana Bafana’s all-time leading goalscorer insisted he was ready for action.

“It all depends on the coach, but for me personally I can play today, tomorrow or the day after,” McCarthy said. “I am hungry to play again.”

McCarthy was doing some light training on his own in his first few sessions as a Pirates player, but insists he will soon be back in peak form.
“I can play three games in a row, but I’m not saying I can do that throughout the season; that’s where the fitness coaches will instruct me what they think is best for me. I am not only thinking for three months, but for the next two season, so I want to be fit and play 95 percent of games and that means to be involved in everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment